Lake Mead Fishing License –
- When fishing within the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, each person who is 14 years of age or older must possess a Nevada Fishing License. The cost of a one day non resident license is $18.00.
- They must also possess a Nevada Colorado River Special Use Stamp which cost $3.00.
- Licenses must be purchased prior to the trips departure. They may be purchased locally from Wal Mart which can be problematic. You may also purchase at our local Bass Pro Shops, on line at www.NDOW.org (will not work for non US Citizens).
- Calling 1-866-703-4605 is a great option, the best in my opinion. It is very good for citizens from other countries as well. It is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
What is included in the cost of your trip? –
- All Bait and tackle.
- Bottled water.
- Fish filleting should you wish to keep your catch.
- A fun filled memorable trip.
Transporting your catch home –
- Many of my customers take their catch home with them. After filleting, I put your fish into 1 gallon Ziploc bags. From that point I have heard of a couple of methods to get them home. One is that the traveler takes a soft sided ice chest with them and packs the fish into that bag with ice which is contained in a plastic bag. They then use it as a personal carry on piece of luggage. The other is to use a hard sided case and use it as checked baggage. You may not use dry ice to package your items as it is a prohibited chemical. What ever you decide, contact your carrier to find out what specific rules they have in relation to either method.
What should you bring? –
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen
- Your fishing license
- A hat, cap or visor
- Clothing appropriate to the seasonal weather
- A snack or lundh for longer trips
- Your options are to hire a transportation company to pick you up in a Limo or Van which is very expensive.
- Call a taxi – although it is only about 30 miles from the major hotels I have heard some of my customers who choose this option paying upwards of $125 plus tip for two people going one direction.
- Rent a car which I suggest. some of my customers have paid as little as $20 for a 24 hour rental by planning ahead and shopping around. This also gives you the flexibility to see some of the sights like Hoover Dam which is about 7 miles from our meeting spot or Valley of Fire State Park.
- Uber has been working very well for some of my clients. They are quick and so far the most a client has paid for a trip to the lake from the strip is $38.00. Make sure you make arrangements with your uber driver for a pick up later in the day for your ride back as this will guarantee somebody will be there.